Updated March 18th, 2020
Dear Patients, Visitors, Family & Friends
Though we are taking extreme precautions to mitigate any risks of the pandemic caused by COVID-19 for our patients and staff, we have still received many questions and wished to proactively address how we are responding. As of this writing:
- Per the Department of Health’s mandate, we are suspending all non-essential dental procedures for 30 days, effective today, until April 16th.
- We will continue to see patients with essential needs
- In case of dental emergency, we will be accessible via phone
- Messages left will be checked, patients will be called and their needs will be addressed.
- For your convenience, we are still scheduling elective appointments for when the CDC allows for these procedures to be completed.
- Business personnel have been busy with extra cleanings of the office and other high-touch areas.
- We will immediately implement any new CDC guidelines as this pandemic unfolds.
There are simple things the CDC recommends you do to help keep yourself and others healthy while visiting our location:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
We will continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation and make every attempt to keep you informed. Emergency notifications to staff and patients will be conducted through our emergency communication channels including text notifications, telephone calls, and communicated directly to customers.
For updated information on this rapidly changing situation, please visit the CDC website here: http://bit.ly/39TQIyg